<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Home Cheap Seats About Feedback Forums Chat
Wednesday, June 01, 2005
TWAN by Bent 
'Toine week continues with a little musical diddy, courtesy of Bent. Enjoy!

(CHORUS)
Battie's got old, Vin's on the wine and Delk's no use at all
The more I try the less we win so now I rely on Paul
And every now and then I just fire a trey, but it never seems to fall
And I wonder how it got so bad, it got so bad.

(VERSE ONE - JANUARY 2003)

Dear Danny, I wrote you cuz we just aint ballin'
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom
I sent two letters back in Autumn
You must not have got 'em
You probably would not believe how bad things have gotten
Sometimes I dribble aimlessly and sloppy, it's so rotten
But anyways, screw that, what's been up man - still announcing?
I've been working hard, but think I need some counselling
If you get this letter, guess why I'm no better, it's because of Obie
I read about your boy Rick Robey too, I'm sorry
I had a friend whose team left him on the bench and didn't want him
I know you probably hear this everyday, but I'm your biggest fan
I even became a fan of Sacramento when you first left town
I got a room full of your pictures and your postcards, dude
I really think you can help us, man, Chris Wallace has no clue
Anyways, I hope you get this man, hit me back, just to chat
Truly yours, your biggest fan, this is Twan.

(VERSE TWO - NOVEMBER 2003)

Dear Dan, you still ain't called or wrote, I hope you have the chance
I ain't mad, I just need to know why you'd trade my ***
If you didn't want to talk to me outside the ballgame, I guess that's your choice
But you could have told me why you sent me off to join the Cowboys
My home is Boston, man. I've been here seven years
I waited but you walked by with your fingers in your ears
That's pretty awful, man, you used to be my idol
I wanted to be just like you – no-one does like I do
I ain't that mad, but I just don't like being lied to
Remember when we met in Denver, you said if I write you,
You would write back. See, I'm just like you in a way
I never liked Jim O'Brien either
He used to always rely on me as a leader
I can relate to what you did upon the court.
So when I'm open for a trey, I fire away - it's often short
But I don't have much else, so that stuff helps to pad my stats
I even got a tattoo with your name across my back
Sometimes I even cut to the hoop to see if I succeed
But usually I miss so I tend to rely on threes
See everything you say is real, and I respect you cuz you tell it
My girlfriend's jealous cuz I obsess about you 24-7
But she don't know you like I do, Dan, no-one does
They don't know what it was like with all the threes we throwing up
You gotta call me man, I'll be the biggest star you'll ever lose
Sincerely yours, Twan. PS: I should be in Boston, dude.

(VERSE THREE - FEBRUARY 2005)

Dear Mr "I'm too good to call or write to Twan"
Now, I'm in Atlanta - was this part of your plan?
It's been two years and still no word, I don't deserve it?
You probably think the way things worked out was perfect
So this is my cassette I'm sending you, I hope you hear it
I'm with the Hawks right now, we're losing nightly like I feared it
Hey Snake, "I just ate a pot of chicken, ya hungry tonight?"
You know that song by Phil Collins from "The Air in The Night"?
About that guy who could've saved that other guy from drowning?
But didn't? Then Phil saw it all then at his show he found him?
That's kinda how this is, you could have rescued me from drowning
Now it's too late. I'm on a major downer now, I'm lousy
And all I wanted was to further my career
I hope you're glad my replacement took to beer
I love the C's. We'd have been good together, think about it
You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream, I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it
I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breathe without me
See Dan, Oh hang on man, that's my cell
Hey Dan, it's Wyc Grousbeck, what the hell?
What's that, man, you want to take me back after all?
That's what I wanted all along, to come along and play some ball
Well, I gotta go now, the tapes gonna run out
Actually, do I even need to send this tape now?

(VERSE FOUR - MAY 2005)

Dear Twan, I meant to write you sooner but I just been busy
I been getting far too involved in trade activity
Look, I'm really flattered you would think of me like that
I'm sorry, basketball's a business, brother, one day I might even bring you back
I'm sorry that I missed you at the game, I wasn't listening
Probably cuz Walter's latest CD had me whistling
And what's this stuff you said about you like to cut to the hoop too
You should do that more often, dogg, it'll improve you
I understand that you want to come back to Boston
I might consider it if you play like that more often
And what's this stuff about us meeting once in Denver?
I'm sorry, Twan, but I honestly don't remember
I really think you should reduce the money you are after
Or maybe you just needed to play better
I hope you get to read this letter
I just hope it reaches you in time
Before you wreck your game, I think that you'd be doing just fine
If you'd relax a little. I'm glad I inspire you, but Twan
Why are you so mad, try to understand that I might want you one day, man
I just don't want you to do anything dumb
The owners signed this new guy a couple of weeks ago - I was on vacation
This dude, who stunk, went totally over the edge
And he couldn't even dunk and tried to hit someone in the head
When the official tried to stop him, he went after the ref too
Come to think about it... his name was - it was you!
DAMN!

# posted @ 6/01/2005 09:33:00 AM - Message Board

This Web site is a Boston Celtics fan site and is not affiliated with the Boston Celtics or the National Basketball Association. This is not an official news source and, as such, information on this site should not be considered as fact. More specifically: I'm only kidding, so don't sue me. All content on this site, excepting that which has been attributed from another source, are copyright © 2004 CelticsBlog.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com